If you’re looking for a vacation destination that’s equal parts relaxing and adventurous, look no further than Shangri-La Resort. Found at the tip of Money Island in northeast Oklahoma, our lakefront resort is the perfect place to unwind from the stress of everyday life while creating lifelong memories. We have gone the extra mile to ensure our grounds have everything you need for the ultimate getaway.
Nestled on the shores of Grand Lake, there are countless things to do both on-site and nearby. After dropping your bags off in your spacious accommodation, set off to discover how many incredible attractions and activities you can find. To help give you a head start, we’ve made a list of some of our favorite adventures. If you are planning on venturing away from the resort, call the concierge desk at 918-257-7705 to learn more about our shuttle service.
A Checklist of Things to Do on or near Monkey Island
- Play your way through 27 holes of championship golf. Our on-site courses: Legends, Heritage, Champions, and The Battlefield, are ideal for golfers of all skill levels.
- Pamper yourself to a day at the spa in Monkey Island, Oklahoma. Treatment options range from massages to facials to nail care.
- Spend a day out on the lake. Sail Grand Waterfront, located at our marina, offers a range of rentals, including pontoons, fishing boats, and ski boats.
- Test your luck at Cherokee Grove Casino, found only 10 minutes from the resort. The Oklahoma casino has hundreds of electronic games that may lead to a big payday.
- Surround yourself with stunning Fall flora at Lendonwood Gardens. This natural attraction near Monkey Island, Oklahoma, is home to eight gardens, each with its own theme.
- Enjoy playing Pickleball at our indoor courts or improving your golf game on the TrackMan Simulator at The Anchor.
- End each day in Monkey Island, Oklahoma, watching a breathtaking sunset from one of the numerous vantage points at the resort. We highly recommend the lighthouse, marina, The Anchor, and along the lakeshore.